OUR LIFE IS AS VULNERABLE AS ...


"OUR LIFE IS AS VULNERABLE AS WATER STUCK IN THE LEAF OF TARO"

Since one can google to find out how good and evil taro differ. And I also found out there are several types of Not-good-taro in Taiwan. I am just going to use my own photos and say my own things from my experience. The last photo is from our back neighbour’s. And there are probably 3-4 cousins just in that little corner.

1. The center of the veins in the evil taro leaf start along the top edge of the leaf (this is where all the veins meet), whereas the veins in the good taro leaf meet together about an inch from the top.
 
 

2. Full yellow leaves are found mostly of Evil taro.
 
 

3. Pretty but stinky red flowers usually grown on Evil taro. (Taken last summer from the same place I took gupoyu)
 

4. This is widely known. But since I have never witnessed and compared. I can’t say I know that works.

Quote from Tammy Turner: For the morphologically challenged, a water test is easiest. When you drip water on gupoyu, the water sticks on the leaf surface. For taro it is repelled and rolls off.

This, of course, makes sense of my title.

 


 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolian BBQ History Taiwan - Created by a Chinese Comedian 1951

Saartje Specx (17th Century Dutch-Japanese, Famous Prisoner Batavia, Wife of First Missionary Fromosa) and Her Grave by Pineapple Stretch

Sweet thirty hour stay - Taitung